Sunday, October 19, 2008

Home from the conference!

The SCBWI conference was wonderful! I had an amazing time. I met some wonderful writers and illustrators and I feel like I have learned so much! Each workshop gave me some new information and made me more confident in my knowledge of this industry. I truly have a feeling that good things are coming. I feel more confident about my query letters (which was really bothering me), I met a wonderful editor that I think is perfect for one of my stories (wish me luck), and I believe we will be adding a couple of new members to our critique group (the more the merrier). I really love the feeling of belonging to such a wonderful group of people. Everyone was so helpful and nice. I think it was also nice to be around people who love what I love, children's books! It's great not to be the only adult (that doesnt have a kid present) who has their arms full of picture books at the checkout counter! All-in-all, I believe that this conference did all that I wanted it too! I feel inspired, educated, and ready to take on the world :)

No comments: