Monday, October 13, 2008

Getting Ready

I will be attending the SCBWI regional conference in Alabama this weekend and I couldn't be more excited! I will be carpooling with my fellow picture group critter, Joy, who I love to death. She has a great personality, she is fun to talk to, and a great writer as well. I am lucky to have her in my life!We are planning on leaving Friday afternoon from Atlanta so we will have time to go to the dessert "meet and greet" that will be going on that evening. It will be so nice to tell people that I am published! I know that many people work for many years in this field and never get to say that, even for a small poem in a children's magazine! It is a great step in the right direction and a huge boost in confidence.Since I do not have to teach today, three cheers for long weekends, I will be going shopping for my trip! Nothing makes me feel better than a new outfit for an important day! I think I will get my hair cut again too. I really want to go in there feeling like a million bucks! You never know, I might rub elbows with the right person :)

No comments: