Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In The Mail!

At the Southern Breeze conference I had the pleasure of meeting Andrea Welch of Beach Lane Books. I really loved the titles that she has selected for publication in the past. "Rhyming Dust Bunnies" is one that will be out in the spring that I know I will purchase! I laughed out loud reading that one and thought that it was a great, simple, funny story. Another that she showed during our workshop was "What Will Fat Cat Sit On?" Another laugh out loud kind of story. I have actually ordered this one from Amazon and it should be here in a couple of days. I will be sure to post a review under Favorite Picture Books.

So, with all that said, I think my story "Hot Dog Dog" would be a good fit for Beach Lane. I did some editing, submitted it for critque, editied some more, and mailed it out! I can only hope now that Andrea feels the same that I do. I really feel that their simply, funny, style is right up my alley. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I feel really good about this one :)

No comments: