Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Been away - Updates!

Hello there! It has been forever since I posted so here are the updates. Oodles of Poodles was released in the December 2008 issue of Stories for Children Magazine. The illustration was done by Marie Letourneau and she did an amazing job!

My poem "Mail" was published in the February 2009 issue of Stories for Children Magazine. The illustration for "Mail" was done by Sara Barnes. She has a very unique style. I thought it was really cute!




I also received some good news from SFC just last week. I have been chosen to receive one of their "Granny Awards" for 2008. This award is given to the top three editor favorites in poetry, fiction, non fiction, and illustrations. I have a trophy on the way and a picture of me will be in their slideshow starting on April 1st. Though I dont know what place I won, I do know that it was for my poem "Oodles of Poodles" since it was the only thing I submitted to them in 2008.

All-in-all, life is good! I have plans to enter several writing contests over the next couple of months and I will be teaching some writing classes for 4th - 8th graders over the summer. I am going to do my best to blog more often and to get back into participating i IF. I really enjoy seeing what others come up with!

Thanks for taking the time to give this a read :)

No comments: