Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oodles of Poodles

Good news graced my inbox yesterday in the form of an acceptance letter! About 5 weeks ago I sent a poem entitled "Oodles of Poodles" to Stories for Children Magazine. I was surprised to receive a email only a couple of days later saying that I had passed phase one of the acceptance process! That alone was enough to make me do a little happy dance around the living room! I expected to wait at least a few more weeks before hearing anything about the second phase, but was suprised again only a couple of days later!! *Happy Dance Happy Dance* Just getting that far was a great boost in confidence. The second email said they could take up to 8 weeks to get back to me to tell me weather or not I had been accepted to the magazine. So I was not even expecting a reply so quickly! Only 3 weeks from the second email, I get this:

Dear Shannon,
Thank you for thinking of us and for being patient to hear back about your manuscript. We are always pleased to see new ideas and have completed our review of your manuscript. I am happy to inform you, Oodles of Poodles will be in our December 2008 issue. We look forward to working with you again in the future.


All the best,
VS Grenier Founder & Editor-in-Chief


I could not be more excited! I know that this is only the beginning for me!

No comments: