Friday, October 10, 2008

Welcome to Stories by Shannon

Let me start by telling you a little about myself, I have been writing children's stories and poetry for several years. In February of this year I joined the SCBWI, which has offered a vast amount of information and given me some wonderful resources. Since then, I have joined three picture book critique groups. Two that are online and one in person.

I have a poem, Oodles of Poodles, that will be published in the December 2008 issue of Stories for Children Magazine and another poem, Mail, that will be in the February 2009 issue of Stories for Children.

My goal for this blog is to post ideas, inspirations, thoughts, achievements, and discoveries that cross my path as I continue to pursue my dream of being a children's book author. Questions, feedback, suggestions, and encouragement are all welcome.

Thank you for taking time to stop by. Please use the links on the right hand side to see more about Stories by Shannon, or feel free to visit some of my favorite sites.

No comments: